Berger, Fischoff & Shumer, LLP, have the reputation of being among Long Island’s most talented, innovative and aggressive litigation and trial attorneys.
The firm’s litigation team stands prepared to help our clients with every facet of their dispute from complex commercial litigation to routine individual matters. The firm’s litigators regularly represent clients before Federal and State trial and appellate courts, administrative agencies and arbitration panels. We have also successfully utilized mediation and other types of alternative dispute resolution to achieve our clients’ strategic objectives.
Whether the matter is complex or routine, in consultation with the client we evaluate the manner in which a dispute impacts upon the client’s overall business or personal circumstances, then design a specific cost-effective legal strategy to achieve the client’s objectives. Berger, Fischoff & Shumer, LLP, have extensive experience litigating a broad range of disputes arising in various legal disciplines including:
Berger, Fischoff & Shumer, LLP has extensive experience litigating a broad range of disputes arising in various legal disciplines including:
- General Business and Commercial Litigation: Representative matters include breach of contract, breach of fiduciary obligations, fraud and misrepresentation, interference with contract or prospective contractual relations, conversion, misappropriation of trade secrets, restrictive covenants and non-compete agreements, unfair competition, business defamation, business purchase and sale disputes, shareholder/partner/member disputes arising in connection with corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and professional practices, and environmental law.
- Insurance Litigation: Representative matters include both first and third-party claims against insurance carriers, coverage issues, and claims involving insurance agents and brokers.
- Real Estate Litigation: Representative matters include purchase/sale contractual disputes, landlord/tenant, voidable conveyances, specific performance actions, priority of liens, foreclosure proceedings, mechanic’s liens, brokerage commission and liability disputes, and real estate issues arising in connection with the enforcement of judgments.
- Construction Litigation: Representative matters include defective performance, delay claims, the scope of coverage under and the enforceability of performance and payment bonds, and lien claims.
- Tort Litigation: Representative matters include select personal injury and medical malpractice claims.
Call today to speak with one of the lawyers at Berger, Fischoff & Shumer, LLP.