Real Estate/Property Attorney
Acquisition, Leasing & Development
Berger, Fischoff & Shumer, LLP’s real estate practice group represents clients in commercial and residential acquisition, sales and development, leasing, financing, bankruptcy proceedings and foreclosures. The firm has vast experience in originating and representing first and second mortgages. Berger, Fischoff & Shumer, LLP, regularly handle land acquisitions and land use issues, including environmental regulations to service the firm’s commercial, industrial, banking and financial services clients.
Berger, Fischoff & Shumer, LLP, represents or has represented GMAC Mortgage and Wells Fargo Mortgage Co. Norwest Mortgage of New York, CFS Bank, HomeSide Lending, Dollar Savings Bank, North Broadway Funding, Contemporary Funding, First Equities Funding Corp., Star Industries Inc., Sbarro Inc., Scotto Brothers, Cheslock, Bakker & Associates (a Connecticut based investment banking firm), Herring National Bank and American Church Mortgage Company in a variety of real estate transactions.
For most of us, buying or selling a home is very exciting, but it’s also one of the largest financial transactions of our lives. Due to the financial and legal factors involved, if you’re contemplating entering into, or are in the midst of a real estate transaction, you should consult with a lawyer right away.
If you’re a buyer, Berger, Fischoff & Shumer, LLP, can:
- Explain the terms of your purchase contract
- Protect you from hidden liabilities with respect to your new home
- Review real estate documents that relate to your title, mortgage, and taxes
- Register legal documents pertaining to your real estate transaction
- Attend your closing and address your questions
- Ensure that you possess valid ownership documentation
If you’re a seller, Berger, Fischoff & Shumer, LLP, can:
- Ensure that your purchase and sale agreement terms properly protect your interests
- Deal with any issues that arise with your title
- Represent you during negotiations with the buyer and walk you through your closing
Berger, Fischoff & Shumer, LLP, is fully equipped to assist you with an array of property-related legal concerns. Call now to learn more about the real estate law services available to you.